Ryobi is a top-class brand and is popular across the world for producing quality mowers and parts. The Ryobi Ry40180 model is one of the best-selling items from the brand and is still growing in popularity. But the reputation isn’t enough to invest in such a home-improvement device, and checking some Ryobi ry40180 reviews is a wise decision.
Luckily, we did a deep review of this Ryobi Ry40180 model with information about its features, quality, and capability. The guide will offer you some honest information about the mower, whether it is worthy of investment or just a trend for marketing. Let’s find the answer!
- Ryobi 40Volt Brushless Ry40180 Reviews
Ryobi 40Volt Brushless Ry40180 Reviews
The Ryobi Ry40180 is a maneuverable and lightweight brushless lawn mower that is eco-friendly. Besides, it is far better and safer than using a gas lawnmower, which harms the environment. Despite mowing, this Ryobi Ry40180 model allows use for edging the grass, trimming bushes, and cutting tree branches.
It is compatible with other RYOBI machines. This mower has a brushless lithium-ion battery that offers up to 40 minutes of run time on a full charge. Applying to a well-maintained lawn, the operator will enjoy plenty of time to mow the yard between the charges.
An impressive feature, this Ryobi brushless mower can house up to two batteries to offer extended run time, making it ideal for larger lawns. Available at a reasonable price, the Ryobi Ry40108 is a durable and quality addition to the brand.
- Allow starting quickly and easily.
- Suitable for mowing different types of grass.
- Runs hard in thick grass and weeds.
- Zero air pollution
- Ensure quieter operation
- Minimal storage footprint
- Durable construction
- Need to multiply full charge battery to mow the larger yard.
- Allergic to water
- A bit harder to install mulching
- Designed with a 40V 5Ah battery to maximize the run time.
- With load-sensing technology, this Ryobi Ry40180-y model will cut down thick and thinner grass effortlessly.
- Includes 2-in-1 mulching and bagging disposal options for better convenience.
- It has a single-point height adjustment with seven different positions for precise and more preferable cutting.
- This mower comes with intensely bright LED headlights for clear visibility even in a dark environment.
- The lawnmower has an instant push-button to start conveniently.
- It’s a foldable lawnmower that can be stored in a tight place and allows you to store it vertically.
- Design with a telescoping adjustable handle and extra convenient carrying handles for comfortable moving and transportation.
- The manufacturer offers a three-year battery warranty and a five-year tool warranty with this budget-friendly push lawnmower.
Ryobi RY40180 Features That Make It Different from Others
The assembly process isn’t among the top features, but it includes user-friendly assembly instructions straight out of the box, which is impressive. The process includes charging the battery for a few hours, setting the deck height, and deciding between putting the mulch plugin and sticking the bag on. The bag is extremely easy to install. You just need to set it on the back. The mulching plug can be a bit less intuitive for the first time.
If you need a quality battery-powered lawnmower, the brushless motor is your initial option. It’s the number one way to enjoy enough power with maximum runtime. As a bonus, it includes electronic controls, making the mower able to run harder in thick grass and back off in tinner grass.
Easy Height Adjustment
This lawnmower includes a decent height adjustment range from 1-1/2 inches to 3-3/4 inches. But it’s recommended to mow at 3 inches to allow the grass to get thick enough to choke out weeds. It is incredibly easier to adjust the height and also allows locking in place.
This Ryobi lawn mower comes with an impressive folding design. The user can lower its handle telescopes and fold them over the top of the lawnmower for vertical storage. It takes less room to store than a gas mower. The telescoping handle offers to lock in height. However, the operator will need to move the height adjustment all the time to lock the handle tightly. Since the height adjustment process is easier, it won’t cause a serious issue.
Quiet, Maintenance-Free Operation
The biggest advantage of using battery-powered lawn mowers is that they don’t have any issues like gas engines. It means the operator won’t need to mix fuel and oil. Besides, it doesn’t have any curborators for gum up and doesn’t have emissions. So the only thing the operator will experience is a quieter operation. Among plenty of advantages, the new users will feel most pleasant due to its extremely quiet operation.
The above-mentioned features are great, but still useless if the machine can cut the grass properly. This Ryobi RY40180 brushless lawn mower comes in a pack of efficient power. With active load-sensing technology, this mower can cut down any weeds, tall, and thick grass efficiently.
Another nice feature includes a 40V 5.0Ah lithium-ion battery that allows you to mow consistently for up to 40 minutes and, surprisingly, can soldier on for up to 45. I prefer to pick up a spare battery in its onboard compartment to double up the run time and ensure a fresh power source without interrupting the job.
Whatever in your yard has Bahiagrass or Bermuda grass, this brushless lawn mower won’t take much effort to mow them. Once mowing with Ryobi Ry40180, you will only have a fair cut. Its motor controls clearly picked up the power to cut more dense grass comfortably. One thing to care about is its blade speed. Running the blade at a slower speed, you will have to sharpen it more often to mow the grass effectively.
The Ryobi Ry40180 brushless lawn mower will offer you up to 45 minutes of cutting time thanks to its 5.0 amp hour battery. Once the battery goes down, the mower stops cutting. It will restart immediately after allowing you to go to the bar and push the start button even without causing any issues.
Why Should You Buy This?
- Most users are happy with this Ryobi RY40180’s fast and easy assembly. From unfolding the handle to putting in the battery, it is incredibly easier.
- Many customers are impressed with its carrying and storing ability since they find it convenient to store.
- Plenty of experts are pleased with the run time of this lawnmower.
- Its cutting power is also quite exciting. Its blade can cut smoothly without compromising whether it is tall or thick grass.
- This is a battery-powered machine that doesn’t require much maintenance and offers quieter operation.
- This Ryobi 40-volt brushless Ry40180 model is lightweight and easier to use and clean.
- Many buyers find its headlight useful and effective for mowing during foggy mornings.
- With seven different positions, this mower allows you to adjust the height effortlessly and ensure the precise and desired level of cutting.
Why You Shouldn’t Buy This
- Some users complain that its mulching plug is a bit harder to insert and easily remove from the blade.
- Though its blade includes a three-year warranty, some feel it’s not enough for the price.
- A customer mentioned that its blade chipped over time.
FAQs-Know More About Ryobi RY40180
Ryobi Ry40180 How long does it last?
A well-maintained Ryobi Ry40180 with proper use will offer years of reliable service. In particular, the manufacturer offers a three-year battery warranty and a five-year tool warranty on this lawnmower. So the user can confidently use the mower throughout that year.
Where can I buy a Ryobi Ry40180 lawn mower?
The Ryobi Ry40180 lawn mower is available in both local stores and online. So you will find the model from the nearest supplier or simply order online. There are plenty of resources where you can order a Ryobi lawnmower, including its official websites and Amazon.
How long does Ryobi Ry40180 stay charged for?
Usually, the battery life of a lawnmower depends on the cutting condition and the method of maintenance. Cutting the tall and wet grass, its battery can last up to 30 minutes. Conversely, the operator will enjoy 40 minutes of runtime on dry grass.
Checking a wide number of Ryobi Ry40180 reviews, we have found it’s a reliable option among lawn owners. More importantly, this Ryobi Ry40180 model is extremely easy to use and maintain while ensuring precise mowing. It will keep the operator completely free from oil filter changing, storing gas, and spark plug changing.
Despite being eco-friendly, this lawnmower will allow you to enjoy mowing even in the early morning without disturbing your neighbors, thanks to its quieter operation. More importantly, its headlights will ensure enough visibility from the fog. Though it’s tough to install the mulch, overall, Ryobi RY40180 is worth the investment and expectation.